PepsiCo’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Artisan – Millwright – Parow jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : September 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Conducts inspections of machinery and equipment units
- As a dually qualified artisan, he is responsible for conducting inspections of machinery and equipment units guided by OEM standards
- Monitors equipment and machinery performance and ensures consistency in delivering plant availability
- Works with and through technicians and other employees to establish equipment performance before the breakdowns were reported.
- Establishes whether the equipment breakdown is related to a missed planned maintenance or part failure or human interference
- Uses any of the problem (finding and) solving techniques like 5-Whys, RCA, decision trees etc to pin point the real problem behind failures/breakdowns
- Uses electrical and mechanical knowledge to troubleshoot and tests all equipment .
- Completes job card in consultation with the maintenance planner and requisitions parts depending on the outcome of the above.
Conducts preventative maintenance
- Performs defined and/or ad hoc electrical and equipment testing
- Corrects electrical systems and equipment malfunctions through testing, adjusting, sequencing, synchronizing and aligns such systems and equipment as AC and DC power supplies, main power control panels, motors, generators, circuit breakers and relay panels.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
- Verify and execute preventive maintenance standards on all electrical distribution equipment.
- Completes documentation relating to work done for future reference in the event of failures
- Continuous reference to equipment drawings, engineering standards and GMPs in the performance and closing out of jobs done.
- Detects defect and malfunctions with machinery and repairs the same.
- Performs electrical preventative maintenance inspections and repairs on a variety of electrical equipment.
- Ensures that scheduled maintenance of all machinery and equipment is conducted or executed
- Complies with all defined equipment safety protocols and compliance to GMPs
- Completes job cards and parts requisition documents timeously to improve on mean time to repair thus ensuring high plant availability when planned maintence has been completed
- Refurbishes machinery and replacing parts to optimize output.
- Attends to all electrical and mechanical plant breakdowns and will conduct the diagnosis as stated under point 1 above.
- Obtains feedback from plant personnel on the efficiencies and performance delivery of machinery.
- Clearly dermacates workstation in accordance with procedures in the event of major work to minimise disruptions and possible injuries as a result of human traffic and area being used as thoroughfare.
- Assembles machinery of a unit and ensures proper functioning
- Adhers to AIB and relevant food safety programes and environmental protocols.
- Completes documentation of work done and close out on ad hoc call outs
- Updates parts/spares records in conjuction with the stores
- Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Placing orders requests for replacement spares from Stores.
- Complying with all safety measures outlined by the company for all work processes.
Administration and Document Competion
- Maintaining a record of all the maintenance work that has been conducted on the machinery.
- Complete daily shift reports.
- Ensures that parts and spares are in stock
- Performing Standby and Shift duties in line with operational requirements.
- N3 and Trade tested as a Millwright (Mechanical/Electrical)
- 3 years post-apprenticeship experience in FMCG environment or recognition of prior learning
- Good knowledge of Automated Systems
- Team player
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Good communication skills
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online