Vodacom’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Cloud Data Engineer jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : August 09, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Your responsibilities will include:
Develop highly performant, scalable, and stable Big Data cloud-native applications using defined patterns and methods.
Source data from a variety of different sources, in the correct format, meeting data quality standards and assuring timeous access to data and analytical insights according to module designs.
Build batch and real-time data pipelines, using automated testing and deployment by defined standards.
Build transformations to produce enriched data insights using automated testing and deployment by defined standards.
Make contributions to the process of defining best practices for the agile development of applications to run on the Big Data Platform.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Matric/ Grade 12 is essential.
- 3 year IT or IS degree or diploma or related field is essential.
- Relevant cloud certification at the professional or associate level.
- 2 to 5 years BI or related software development experience.
- Agile exposure, Kanban, or Scrum.
- Experience with performance tuning streaming-based applications for real-time data processing using Kafka, Confluent Kafka, AWS Kinesis, GCP pub/sub, or similar.
- Experience working with serverless services such as Openshift, GCP, or AWS.
- Working experience with AWS or GCP would be desirable.
- Working experience with other distributed technologies such as Cassandra DB, MongoDB, Elastic Search, and Flink would be desirable.
- Java and Python programming ability would be an advantage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online