Discovery Limited’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Discovery – Marketing Content Specialist – Health jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : August 19, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
The content specialist is responsible for creating compelling thought leadership, brand and social media content for the Discovery Health brand portfolio. In this role, the content specialist plays a key role in various editorial and project teams to deliver content of a high quality to communicate important health and industry information, as well as to enhance the reputation and brand of Discovery Health. The content specialist will create and deliver content for a variety of channels, including social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), newsletter and email campaigns, media releases and fact sheets, video scripts, webinar planning and website updates. This role requires extensive planning, collaboration and coordination in various cross-functional teams
As the content lead for the Discovery Health portfolio, areas of responsibility include the following, but are not limited to:
- Meeting with editorial and project teams on Discovery Health to brainstorm and develop content ideas for all media channels
- Identify unique content opportunities in line with the key messages and priorities as stipulated by business
- Identify opportunities for content that will be suitable and relevant for a media audience
- Collaborate with a broader team to identify opportunities that will build the thought leadership position of experts and leaders in the business
- Research and develop content for various executive LinkedIn profiles
- Identify opportunities where data insights from business can be leveraged in content
- Conduct interviews with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to produce content according to client briefs
- Develop and manage content plans according to content and marketing strategies
- Develop content in various forms, including, press releases, opinion pieces, website content, media responses and reports
- Ensure that all content is consistent across various channels
- Develop content for landing pages and drive traffic to these pages
- Play an advisory and consulting role to the Brand and PR teams
- Project manage large content project when required
- Work with and provide support to the Head of social media on social media content for the Health brand
- Approach content in an integrated manner to repurpose content from PR, brand teams as well as Technical Marketing
- Work with various internal and external stakeholders, including clients and suppliers
- Manage briefs for video and photography shoots, as well as design agencies
- Ensures continuous improvement and professional development
- Fosters an environment conducive to cross-functional skills transfer and integrates and harnesses team specialities and talent.
- Cultivates an environment where creativity and innovation are encouraged and provides necessary guidance, coaching and support in this regard.
- Maintains up to date professional and technical knowledge and keeps abreast of industry trends
- Contributes to team success by ensuring team commitment and cohesion; values individual contributions and shows respect for others.
- Respects diversity and encourages an environment that values inclusivity.
- Builds and manages operational relationships with Internal Stakeholders
- Interfaces with senior business colleagues to contribute to brand or communication strategy.
- Researches local and international trends and business enablers and makes recommendations to content and editorial plans and strategies
- Provides expert guidance to colleagues on industry best practice.
- Participates in meetings and forums to share knowledge, encourage innovation and manage complexities.
- Uses customer feedback to inform service delivery improvements.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Must understand and have the ability to build strong content plans and campaigns targeted at various audiences
- Ability to develop content for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Ability to engage with senior management within the organisation
- Ability to translate complex concepts into engaging and simple content
- Ability to understand the voice of the organisation and adapt the tone of the content to the audience
- Project management experience and skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Education and Experience
- Matric and writing skills training
- Appropriate tertiary qualification (degree with marketing, communication, or language components)
- Minimum 5 8 years’ experience (PR, editorial, social media, communication, or agency experience)
- Digital marketing and social media experience
- Healthcare and health industry knowledge and writing experience
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online