Anglo American’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Engineering Planner Asset Management jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified, Thabazimbi
Deadline : September 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
The Engineering Planner Asset Management is jointly responsible for establishing and embedding the sites Pro-active Maintenance Program on equipment, being primarily responsible to specify the requirements for completing approved work and ensuring that the program is revised routinely and is effective in its outputs and results. The Planner enables the Asset Management Teams to deliver the ïRight Maintenance, the Right Way, at the Right Time’ thereby providing the Production Teams with safe, reliable and cost-effective production capacity.
The Planner performs the planning for all work, to be performed by the Work Centers in the Section as per the Operating Model, with inputs from the Foremen, in terms of scope, task lists, material, tools, skills, etc. in SAP PM.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Anglo American aims to lead the future of mining. Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we strive to ñre-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
Maintenance Tactics/Service Strategy Accountabilities
- Actively participating in criticality assessment, provide information as needed
- Actively participating in RCM or other approved reliability studies and acting promptly where the outcomes affect Maintenance Planning efficiencies and effectiveness
- Change management administer updates / changes to Maintenance Schedules in the agreed and documented manner.
- CMMS – Set up selective (as per tactics) End-of-Life Replacement Schedules and monitor the ‘Remaining Life Status’
- CMMS – Measure how well critical equipment are covered. Value adding schedules on 100% of Criticality ‘A’ Equipment.
- Systems & Procedures – Actively review systems and procedures regularly within the area to maximise effectiveness and efficiency within the Company
Work Management Accountabilities
- Support the Work Management process by ensuring that all required resources for Approved Work are identified on the Work Order
- Execute the ñPlan Workî element of Work Management in the Operating Model and the Asset Management Framework.
- Review the Work Order Task Status Report on a daily basis: To assist in prioritizing the planning work/ To track upcoming work
- Plan approved work orders (within area of responsibility) for resource provisioning and execution prior to the Required Date
- Plan work to minimize the impact on operating performance without exceeding the Required Date for work completion.
- Plan work to minimize the demand for resources without exceeding the Required Date for work completion.
- At operations/sections without Schedulers, execute the ñSchedule Workî element of Asset Management/Operating Model
- Coordinating the establishment of new materials (codification)
- Monitoring Manufacturer / Supplier Warranties on equipment, parts and services
- Coordinating the returns of defective Repairable Unit to Supply Chain / Refurbishment Controller as well as coordinating and Administering Capital / Strategic Spares for site
- Providing accurate Costs Estimates on Jobs
- Evaluating Benefits / Options for High-Cost Repairs
- Proactively monitoring Asset Management Spend
- Production of period reports (weekly and monthly) detailing planned versus actual maintenance activities and resource usage. Development of other reports as necessary.
- Ensuring adherence to ERP Standards and Governance
- Integral in the Control over Equipment Modification / Plant Changes
- Controlling key engineering (OEM) documents on behalf of Section Engineer
- Engaging early in SIB Projects and Procurement
Continuous Improvement/Defect Elimination/Analyse and Improve
- Actively review systems and procedures regularly within the area to maximise effectiveness and efficiency within the Company.
- Ensure that all Equipment Functional Failures are recorded with all the necessary and accurate information to allow detailed analysis
- Failures are being investigated
- Contribute to and participate in Defect Elimination forums and studies.
- Establish site specific Triggers (Documented Triggers) that can be used to evaluate the need and value of DE
This role is in the Engineering Department at a band C5 level reporting to the Engineering Specialist.
- Grade 12
- Successfully completed all Planner Asset Management training modules, or equivalent
- Artisan Trade Certificate
- Planned Maintenance System (SAP)
- 3-5 years Planned Maintenance or Production Experience in Mining/Process Industry
- Code 8 driver’s license
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online