Standard Bank Group’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Executive, Credit Risk, Public Sector jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : August 27, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
The role will support the Head of Corporate Credit, SA in the management and execution of the Credit Risk mandate for the Public Sector (ñPSî) portfolio within Corporate and Investment Banking. To provide an efficient and effective credit approval and management process in respect of the South Africa Public Sector portfolio, which includes State Owned Enterprises such as Eskom, Transnet, and metropolitan cities such as City of Johannesburg whose limits are of such high value that approvals are at senior credit governance forums (Govco / Board Credit). Develop and maintain co-operative relationships between internal and external Senior stakeholders in the credit value chain; whilst providing strategic and credit appetite direction to Client Service Teams (ñCST’sî) and ensuring there is effective and efficient management of the portfolio, including addressing matters identified by Auditors and/or Rapid Risk Reviews and/or Credit Risk Reviews. Provide strategic insights and set a long term view of CIB Risk’s position on the Public Sector portfolio through broad interactions with bodies such as National Treasury, Government Departments, the South African Reserve Bank (the ñSARBî), external Ratings Agencies (e.g Moody’s, Standard & Poors, Fitch). Thus, this role requires incumbent to effectively engage with senior government officials such as Director Generals, Mayors/CFOs of Major Metropolitans, Chairmen and CEO’s of large state corporations, as well as represent Risk when interacting with other banks in lending consortiums. The role will contribute to the success of the South African Credit function, by supporting the Credit Advisory team in sector related transactions and be the interface with the Sovereign Credit Team and Portfolio Risk Management Committee (ñPRMCî) in the establishment and direction of SA Sovereign/linked transactions and appetite. Incumbent will be expected to lead and provide direction/mentorship/training to credit manager/s working within the portfolio and to sponsor and present transactions emanating from the portfolio to Credit Committees, including SALE.
- Type of Qualification: First Degree
- Field of Study: Business, Commerce/Engineering
- Other Minimum Qualifications, Certifications or Professional Memberships: Risk Management / Advanced Risk Management programmes.
- More than 10 years experience and developed knowledge of financial markets, local and global economy and appropriate regional geographies in which portfolio operates. Understanding and working knowledge of risk systems related to modelling and analysing of accounts behaviour of clients and identifying trends and shifts in credit risk profiles. Thorough understanding of bank’s products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk. Strong technical understanding of non-credit risks encountered within transactions. Knowledge of financial markets (Global and African economies). Thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies, standards that apply to Public Sector Entities, notably related to the MFMA and PFMA legislation. Knowledge of risk systems and derivative instruments.
- 7-10 years experience and good understanding of lending and derivative products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risks, including the documentation required/presented to manage that risk.
- 7-10 years experience and good understanding of lending and finance within state owned enterprises and the strategic management of Risk within these organisations.
- 5-7 Years experience and ability to identify imbedded credit risks and provide structuring solutions / risk mitigation in order for the bank to effectively bank the Public Sector, taking into account legislative requirements and governance protocol.
- Making Decisions
- Empowering Individuals
- Leading People
- Conveying Self-Confidence
- Embracing Change
- Good understanding of accounting (both management and financial accounting) to analyse financial strengths and weaknesses of clients and identify potential risks to credit proposals.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Risk management systems monitoring, and its related procedures, for analysing the account behaviour of clients and identifying trends and shifts in credit risk profiles.
- Thorough understanding of Standard Bank’s products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk.
- Understanding of Basel III and broader regulatory and Compliance requirements
- Knowledge of risk management systems and derivative instruments.
- Thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online