One&Only Resorts’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Executive Sous Chef jobs in Western Cape
Job Location : Western Cape, Cape Town
Deadline : September 04, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation is maintained at its highest level at all times.
- Create new products determined by clientele.
- Ensure that all mise- en place is correctly prepared according to set standard as per each outlet detailed in the MEP lists, prior to commencing service.
- Demonstrate excellent product knowledge of all food and special functions held at the resort.
- Participate in the service of any special functions or events organized by the resort.
- Monitor systematically the performance of the department, as per daily briefings, feedback sessions from HOF, chefs and colleagues, and observation from the pass , intervene immediately if deviations occur.
- Attend the daily Department Head meeting in absence of the Executive Chef.
- Present oneself in a way which enhances the overall guest experience, by adding life and energy into each outlet.
- Ensure all food requisitions are prepared within the time parameters set by the resort and always display attributes of genuine hospitality.
- Conduct performance appraisals (1 Assessment and 1 Review Annually), for kitchen employees.
- Establish and maintain smooth personal and work relationships in the kitchen.
- Remain current on all resort happenings, including guests in-house, arrivals and departures, as well as daily events.
- Assist supervisors in generating work schedules for kitchen personnel, according to forecasted demand requirements.
- Perform any additional or special duties, as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Ordering and keeping fair stocks against business requirements.
- Minimize wastage through creative recycling.
- Ensure expired dates are labeled on products that are required.
- Do regular spot checks on all expiry items.
- Be responsible of the daily market list during the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Maintain highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- Ensure a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and report any concerns or faults immediately.
- Ensure kitchen and back areas are thoroughly clean at all times.
- Ensure equipment is cleaned, when necessary or according to their schedules.
- Maintain and create a working environment that reflects a sense of place.
- Attend the daily kitchen briefings.
- Continuously train and motivate subordinates to ensure resorts standards are maintained.
- Delegate responsibilities to staff and ensure tasks are completed.
- Ensure that channels of communication are respected and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
- Conduct a daily briefing prior to service.
- Attend all training carried out by the Training Department as per demands of business
- Assist HOD Chefs with in-depth training of staff
- Attend daily F&B briefing and monthly F&B meeting.
- Attend a monthly communication meeting.
- Ensure a daily briefing prior to service and a de- briefing, once week with team members
- Assist in the process of recruiting new employees for each of the respective kitchen.
- When driving resort’s buggies, ensures that rules and regulations are followed at all times.
- Handle any guest’s complaint in a professional manner, as per resort’s Policy & Procedure (service recovery).
- Ensure that disciplinary actions are taken, when necessary, according to resort’s policies.
- Practice proper telephone etiquette with colleagues and resort’s guests.
- Ensure excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues are maintained and contribute to the team spirit.
- Exhibit outstanding knowledge of the resort, island, atoll and the Maldivian culture.
- Know and apply resort’s Policies & Procedures, including those for the emergency situations.
- Ensure maintenance work is reported daily and completed/ verified with a weekly walk around.
- Ensure all fixed assets are well maintained.
- Demonstrate knowledge and interest in goals, and objectives of the One&Only brand.
- Ensure all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the SA Law.
- Ensure that all tasks assigned by superiors are completed immediately, unless stipulated otherwise in writing.
- Complete and efficient setting up of the respective kitchen.
- Training of staff and their performance in accordance with the training department and on an individual basis.
- Practice attendance and punctuality according to rostered times.
- Achievement of food cost for the kitchen an imperative.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Culinary Diploma and 10 years work experience.
- Work experience in various different types of cuisine and kitchen set up (banquette, main kitchen, outlet kitchen)
- 5 star hotel work experience
- Fluent in English
- Intermediate HACCP certified
- Intermediate Computer skills
- Leadership program certified
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online