PricewaterhouseCoopers’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Forensics Consultant jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : August 27, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Forensic Consulting Generalist practice, within Fraud, Investigations and Regulatory Enforcement (FIRE) services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients understand where they might have vulnerabilities and develop solutions to manage the risks involved. We prevent, respond to and remediate a wide range of business threats, risks and complex issues.
Our forensic specialists provide solutions and support for clients dealing with regulatory and crisis situations. As part of the team, you’ll help provide support to our clients who wish to investigate potential financial crime, support clients responding to regulatory enquiries, deal with cybersecurity breaches and provide expert advice and opinions in legal proceedings. You’ll also help clients review and remediate systems and controls to prevent further issues.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Are you an analytical, problem solver with a passion for investigating complex business issues? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise clients through critical issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in PwC’s Forensic Services practice.
Responsibilities will include assisting in the performance of fraud investigations, Anti Money Laundering projects, risk management, compliance focus. fraud prevention projects and other forensic-related assignments. The associate will be assisting with all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries.
- Maintain the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Perform data acquisition, processing and analysis of financial and non-financial data
- Assist in conducting data and computer forensic investigations
- Investigate matters relating to economic crime, i.e. allegations of fraud, corruption and/or irregularities
- Assist in the document management of working papers that support analyses performed
- Assist in conducting integrity due diligence reviews using various open source databases
- Synthesize information and draft reports and appendices
- Deliver a high quality product within established timeframes and budgets
- Provide general support to team on a variety of tasks in connection with project execution
- Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development
- Capturing, sorting and electronic manipulation of financial and other data
- Assisting in the compilation of draft forensic reports and appendices
- Assessing and analysing financial and other data
- Recording of findings
- Project administration, including printing, indexing and filing
EXPERIENCE SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A degree in or currently studying towards a BCom Honours in Forensic Accounting, BCom Honours Accounting, BCom Honours in Information Systems, Bachelor of Science degree with a focus on Computer Science, LLB
- 5 to 10 years work experience in a forensic services environment will be advantageous
- Good working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft (including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint)
- Computer hardware and operating systems
- EnCase v. 7 and other forensic tools (e.g. FTK, IEF, Kali Linux, tools in Kali, etc)
- Mobile device forensic tools (e.g. cellebrite, FTK, etc.)
- Demonstrated level of programming/scripting language will be highly beneficial
- Building and sustaining relationships
- Being passionate about customer service
- Being curious learning, sharing and innovating
- Leading and contributing to team success
- Communicating with impact and empathy
- Developing self and others through coaching
- Demonstrating courage and integrity
- Acquiring and applying commercial and technical expertise
- Managing projects and economics
- Being open-minded, practical and agile with change
- Strategic thinking
- Logical reasoning
- Analytical ability
- Problem solving
- Excellence orientation
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Rule orientation
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online