Absa Group Limited’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Lead Data Engineer jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Randburg
Deadline : August 12, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Leveraging a thorough understanding of the business data requirements & own data subject matter expertise (ahead of trend), set data architecture direction & lead the agile solution design, deployment, implementation & ongoing optimization of enterprise wide data retrieval, storage and distribution across an estate.
Data Architecture & Data Engineering
- Take ïone stop shop’ accountability for the retrieval, storage, processing & distribution of data across a business area (data eco-system)
- Collaborate with data science teams & broader business & technical stakeholders to analyse customer data requirements & leverage analysis to identify & accurately spec / frame & set the appropriate data architecture for the business area
- Take accountability for deeply understanding the technical landscape and bank wide architecture that is connected to or dependent on the business area supported in order to effectively design & deliver data solutions (architecture, pipeline etc.)
- Leverage expertise in analytical & creative problem solving to synthesise data solution designs (build a solution from its components) beyond the analysis of the problem
- Lead design thinking processes to successfully deliver data solution blueprints & associated roadmaps
- Leverage state of the art relational and No-SQL databases as well integration and streaming platforms do deliver sustainable business specific data solutions.
- Lead the end to end solution design & implementation process for all data retrieval, storage & distribution solutions including contributing to and in some cases lead all phases of the development lifecycle including e.g. design process
- Develop high quality data retrieval, storage & distribution design and architecture in a test driven & domain driven / cross domain environment
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline by quickly producing well-organised, optimized, and documented source code & algorithms to deliver technical data solutions
- Create & Maintain Sophisticated CI / CD Pipelines (authoring & supporting CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or similar tools and deploy to multi-site environments supporting and managing your applications all the way to production)
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting technologies e.g. Ansible, Chef
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements & manage the data pipeline
- Build infrastructure to automate extremely high volumes of data delivery and
- Creatively solve data volume and scaling challenges.
- Create data tools for analytics and data science teams that assist them in building and optimizing data sets for the benefit of the business
- Ensure designs & solutions support the technical organisation principles of self-service, repeatability, testability, scalability & resilience
- Apply general design patterns and paradigms to deliver technical solutions
- Inform & support the infrastructure build required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Continuously optimise, improve & automate data retrieval, storage & distribution processes
- Work across the value chain and in particular with QA & CSO to define and implement quality assurance routines & processes
- Work across the value chain and in particular with QA & CSO to ensure the undisputable separation, security & quality of the organisation’s data
- Meaningfully contribute & ensure solutions align to the design & direction of the Group Architecture & in particular data standards, principles, preferences & practices. Short term deployment must align to strategic long term delivery.
- Meaningfully contribute & ensure solutions align to the design and direction of the Group Infrastructure standards and practices e.g. OLA’s, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, Containerisation etc.
- Strategically & operationally monitor the performance of data products and services ensuring ongoing optimization & cost to value for our businesses (think bank wide)
- Stay ahead of the curve on data retrieval, storage & distribution technologies & processes (global best practices & trends) to ensure best practice
- Coach & mentor other engineers
- Conduct peer reviews, testing, problem solving within and across the broader team
- Provide technical subject matter expertise and support in the attraction and recruitment of Product Engineers for the organization
- Participate as a subject matter expert in the development & development planning of the broader dat engineering team
- Support the people change teams in the design of adoption processes (Customer, Employee & 3rd Party Adoption)
Risk & Governance
- Identify technical risks and mitigate these (pre, during & post deployment)
- Update / Design all application documentation aligned to the organization technical standards and risk / governance frameworks
- Create business cases & solution specifications for various governance processes (e.g. CTO approvals)
- Participate in incident management & DR activity applying critical thinking, problem solving & technical expertise to get to the bottom of major incidents
- Deliver on time & on budget (always)
Closing Date: 14th, July 2022
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online