Alstom’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Planning Manager jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : September 01, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THE MISSION, SITE PLANNING INCLUDES FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Set up robust planning practices on site, ensuring that all industrial activities have integrated the planning dimension and have assigned representatives to drive the process.
- Ensure that adequate process and tools are deployed and documented within Alstom.
- Implement the organisation and ways of working that allow a seamless coordination between different activities, with special articulation for RS, Components and Services.
- Pilot and lead the different planning processes described below, document key decisions and communicate them to all stakeholders.
SALES AND OPERATIONS PLAN (QUARTERLY)
- Prepare different scenarios for the coming 36 months according to Alstom inputs provided by management team, region, and central operations strategies.
- Identify potential bottlenecks and propose mitigation options (including CAPEX).
- Ensure that SIOP instance decisions are reflected into MPS and/or Material Delivery Plan and cascade through the organization with appropriate communication to internal / external supplier
MASTER PLAN SCHEDULING (MONTHLY)
- Ensure systematic coordination and process deployment of the monthly MPS as the key driver to engage industrial resources, in order to commit on site delivery performance (scope of activities spans several levels and product lines)
- Preparation of MPS based on past period results and inputs from projects/platforms.
- Bottleneck analysis (internal and external).
- Propose alternative scenarios considering deliveries plans and inventory projections.
- Document all key decisions and major risks, with impact analysis and root cause containment.
- Facilitate and ensure quality data flow in SAP end-to-end (MPS to Work orders to MRP), with validation and optimisation of industrial
PLANNING PROGRESS MONITORING & METHODS:
- Ensure daily that physical progress of production is accurate, and relevant data feedback to MPS process.
- Cross functionally develop and lead mitigation plans for recovery to ensure timeous delivery fulfilment
- Ensure that ways of working are compliant with Alstom standards when defined, otherwise document the critical activities performed on site.
- Ensure the key players are properly trained to perform their functions.
- Adaptive KPI Reporting daily, weekly and monthly for required business performance, including Hard Inventory controls (WIP & FG)
- Contribute to the return of experience (ROE), planning improvements and sharing of best practices
- Actuarial Science, Industrial engineering or Supply Chain Management degree
- Masters’ qualification, with Business management focus
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE & BEHAVIORS:
- 8-10 years similar management experience, in manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of Industrial Planning, Operations and Supply chain processes (including Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement)
- Extensive and Advanced knowledge of SAP and Excel is compulsory
- Industrial planning/scheduling & manufacturing project experience is mandatory
- In-depth experience of client-supplier interfaces (EDI)
- Advanced proficiency of MS Office tools
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, with assertive leadership behaviour
- Active team player with strong collaborative skills.
- Customer centric with high sense of urgency, flexibility and pro-activeness.
- Highly analytical, autonomous with a results orientation and drive for excellence and process compliance drive
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online