Anglo American’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Practitioner Operational Risk jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Polokwane
Deadline : September 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
The operational risk management (ORM) business process is a key business process supporting the achievement of operational objectives at Anglo American Platinum (AAP) operations. The Operational Risk function with AAP supports the organisations capability to manage risk within the ORM framework and exploit opportunities.
We have high standards. You’ll ensure we meet them.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
- The Practitioner Operational Risk is responsible for providing operational support in the implementation and execution of ORM at mining and process operations. You will
- Plan, implement and coordinate the implementation of ORM to all aspects of the operational risk profile.
- Support and coordinate the application of the ORM four layers of risk management at the operation
- Baseline risk management
- Issue-based risk managemen
- Task risk management
- Continuous risk management
- Implement and execute operationally against the integrated risk management framework operational risk management processes, systems, standards and procedures.
- Implement and maintain the functioning of operational risk management IT Platform.
- Plan and implement the Annual Operational Risk Programme and ensure support managerial oversight of the delivery of operational risk targets and key results areas.
- Advise the operation on required skills development to enhance the skills and competencies of employees and contractors to achieve excellence in operational risk management.
- Report, monitor and track operational risk performance to risk management role holders and operational management and leaders.
- Provide risk based operational input to operation to ensure management of material risks, audit results and Learning from Incidents.
- Routinely advise operational line role holders, managers and leaders operational risk performance and necessary actions.
- Support required integration of operational risk management into leading operational practices and programs such as the Operating Model, incident investigation and assurance practices
You will need the following:
- National diploma level in a relevant discipline such as sciences, engineering or equivalent
- Courses in management systems (9001, 14001, 45001, 31000), risk qualification, audit qualification will be advantageous
- Detailed understanding of the Platinum value chain and operational trends and risks.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant operational mining, processing, and engineering related experience
- An understanding of the operational aspects associated with mining operations
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management within a technical environment
- Knowledge and experience with risk assessment techniques such as WRAC, Bow-tie Analysis, HAZOP/HAZAN and other industry recognised techniques and tools.
- Track record of interfacing with and influencing colleagues and coordinating disciplines relevant to risk management.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online