Anglo American’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Renewable Energy Project Engineering Specialist jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified, Johannesburg
Deadline : September 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
With headquarters in London, UK, and operations located throughout the world, Anglo American is truly global. We employ more than 60,000 colleagues worldwide and run mining operations across Southern Africa, North and South America and Australia. Anglo American’s purpose is to reimagine mining to improve people’s lives and is committed to creating a Living Mine that brings positive value to the people and environment where we operate.
The purpose of Technical & Sustainability (T&S) in Anglo American is to drive the future of mining. The development and sustainability of our assets depends on the highest levels of technical advice, based on strategic and operational analysis of mining opportunities across the Group’s portfolio. This means we benefit from the latest and most relevant innovations, always making safety the priority.
Group Carbon Neutrality’s purpose is to create value for our shareholders, employees, and communities through industry-leading Carbon Neutrality performance by 2040. Addressing emissions reductions in scopes 1 and 2 through decarbonisation of electricity and fuels. Working with the sites and JV Partners to implement renewable energy at the sites in Southern Africa. Working to develop a network-connected energy grid to power site activities and new initiatives nuGen, fuel cells, storage, electrification, and further low carbon projects with the 24/7 green power required.
We are seeking a Renewable Energy Project Engineering Specialist to perform the required project engineering and coordination activities to ensure the timely and successful financial close of Anglo American’s renewable energy projects.
Key tasks will include:
- Participate in the site selection process for renewable energy sites
- Identify key technical risks and realistic mitigations related to a site or technology
- Review and interrogate technical designs ensuring they are appropriate for the stage of development, meet the project objectives and comply with the relevant technical standards.
- Manage the technical RFI process with external parties
- Resolve discrepancies or ambiguities in engineering design, assumptions, specifications etc
- Assist the project team on engineering and technical matters
- Prepare and/or review (as relevant) engineering specifications and employer’s requirements for equipment supply and/or construction contracts.
- Review OEM/ equipment supplier proposals for compliance with the relevant standards
- Actively seek appropriate solutions to engineering problems and present them to the relevant stakeholders for decision-making
- Lead the technical aspects of the Eskom cost estimate/ budget quotation process on behalf of the project
- Define relevant engineering parameters for electrical connection to the mine sites
- Participate in project permitting
- Check all permits, land rights and engineering designs for coherence
- Assist with cost estimates as required
- Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent
- Degree in electrical engineering will be given preference
- ECSA registered Professional Engineer or Professional Engineering Technologist
- c8 years’ experience in a related field of engineering and/or project management
- c5 years’ experience in the engineering development of renewable energy projects to financial close, with an IPP or as Owner’s Engineer/ Technical Advisor
- Sound knowledge of project engineering related to solar PV and wind energy developments, battery storage knowledge advantageous
- Eskom CEL and BQ processes through to Execution Release Approval, experience coordinating Eskom grid code compliance testing and certification advantageous
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online