Standard Bank Group’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior Data Scientist jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : August 13, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Responsible for all components of product development and deployment of Data Science as a business capability for Standard Bank (CIB). The role requires involvement in problem definition, data cleansing, hypothesis generation and testing, model training and testing and finally deployment and monitoring of predicted outcomes. The candidate will need to rapidly understand business problems, internalize and contextualize domain specific information and identify deployable, pragmatic solutions that are relevant and add real business value. The candidate will need to be able to effectively communicate the intended processes, provide a clear understanding of what data is required and available.
- First Degree in Information Technology
- Post Graduate Degree in Mathematical Sciences
- Business oriented individuals with proven commercially successful data related projects will be given first preference. Proficiency in programming, data manipulation, application of machine learning techniques, data visualisation and story-telling.
- Experience in structured and unstructured query languages and data science toolkits e.g. SQL, Jupyter, Zeppellin, Tableau, PowerBI, Spark, Python, R and SAS.M.Sc./Ph.D. in Data Science / Applied Mathematics / Econometrics / Actuarial Sciences/Machine learning / Artificial Intelligence or any other STEM qualification will be an advantage. Business oriented individuals with proven commercially successful data commercially successful data related projects will be given first preference.
- 5-7 years ability to conceptualize and frame a problem, identify objective measures to estimate accuracy of machine learning/statistical processes and then provide detailed explanations (visually and verbally) in plain English to non-technical audiences around proposed solution. Ability to develop well defined processes that are methodical, provable, easily understood and operationalised within the production environment. Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and multidisciplinary environment. Advise senior management in clear language about the implications of their work for the organisation.
- 5-7 years experience in working with unstructured data (e.g. Streams, images) Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data. Using data mining to discover new patterns from large datasets. Implement standard and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing data. Experience with common data science toolkits, such as SAS, R, SPSS, etc. Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online