Sasol’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : SHE Specialist RIA: Governance and Assurance jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : August 16, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
Governance and Assurance
- Manage the development, scheduling and managing of the combined assurance plan. Collate assurance results and report on combined assurance compliance. Do pre planning for all major audits including action close out verification. Conduct internal assurance as required. Verify effective close out of actions derived from NC, incident investigations and assurance activities.
- Assist in the development of assurance checklists and protocols.
- Develop and maintain decision making register for SHE governance meetings, review minutes of meetings to ensure that decision register is up to date.
- Provide internal assurance of all SHE data and report and review business SHE performance, analyse business trends and recommend improvement initiatives while aligning with group best practices.
- Ensure that up to date documentation are displayed by administering relevant informative sections of the IMS technology.
- Coordinate the review process for SHE policies and procedures to ensure adherence to review frequencies. Develop internal RIA governance documents as required.
- Identify and collect relevant SHE data sets through sound methods and evaluate data for completeness, comparability and accuracy
- Develop reporting schedules, plan and collect relevant data in accordance with reporting cycle to ensure that reports are submitted on time.
- Provide inputs into Corporate SHE data requirements and reporting procedures
- Analyse and interpret raw data by checking for inconsistencies in the available data (e.g. significant differences in the previous and current values reported.
- Verify and correct raw data by highlighting inconsistencies with the data capturer (owner), seeking explanations for inconsistencies and/or correct the data where relevant.
- Design and implement a standardised reporting platform to ensure that SHE results are reported in a standard and governed way. Report and review business SHE performance, analyse business trends and recommend, or facilitate the development of, business SHE improvement actions.
- Report SHE results in a balanced way, including leading and lagging indicator results, functional performance and stakeholder results.
- Ensure that all required reports are generated in a timely and accurate manner as required by business.
- Monitor, measure, report and review SHE stakeholder results to determine whether stakeholder requirements were met.
- Enable efficient and consistent application of Incident management processes
- Communication of incident learnings and the management and assurance of close out of applicable actions.
- Ensure that all required legal appointments are in place and holders have been adequately informed and made aware of their accountabilities
- Ensure changes in legislation are communicated and actions monitored for close out
- Review SHE performance regularly to assess progress against objectives, targets and stakeholder expectations and provide input to the continuous improvement process. Analyse SHE trends to develop new and improved processes and ways of work.
- Develop data owner network across the Hub for all relevant required data for reporting purposes, including Board reporting and SD reporting.
- Foster effective relationships with strategic partners (i.e. Data owners and Practitioners IMS) to ensure effective data and audit management
- Participate in SHE committees and forums and provide input for standardization in collaboration with Corporate SHE, Hubs and SBU’s
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required
- Relevant National Diploma:
- 6 years total work experience OR
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree:
- 4 years total work experience OR Bachelor’s degree (Hons):
- 2 years total work experience
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online