Massmart’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Social Media Manager jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : August 28, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Social Media Content Strategy
- Develop, implement and execute organic social media content strategy
- Identify trends and insights within social sphere use these insights to inform strategy on a continual basis
- Develop tactical campaigns for brand and vendor campaigns
- Oversee all visual content creation for social media channels
- Measure and report performance of all organic social activities against agreed KPI’s
- Maintain knowledge of new and emerging technologies and approaches to social media
- Drive organic social innovation, agile ways of working and foster a culture of continual test-and-learn across the team
- Work closely with brand, creative and merchant teams on any briefs for social led photo shoots / campaigns
Paid Media Strategy
- Responsible for managing and implementing successful omni-channel social paid media campaigns, demonstrating revenue goals, efficiency and volume online as well as in-store
- Work with the teams as needed to estimate budgets and volumes for prospective supplier proposals
- Responsible for budget allocation and planning
- Constant optimisations of Social campaigns and provide insights as to how ROAS has increased.
- Competitor research and campaign strategy
- Understand and manage all Social channels content to improve ad performance and CTR’s
- Ensure evaluation and tracking is in place to monitor campaigns
- Identify opportunities to grow sales and improve profitability of campaigns
- Work directly with campaign coordinators to communicate results and opportunities within social paid media to relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to campaign performance reports, using data to tell stories, and provide actionable insights for team members
- Briefing campaigns with Media Agencies
- Analyze Google Analytics for better understanding on user behaviors, conversions
- Develop the content strategy for the business focused on online and social channels, social content and paid media strategies.
- Manage the team who is responsible for social media execution and community management
- Working with the creative team to define the voice and personality of Massmart Wholesale brands on Social and ATL channels
- Working with the team to deliver all social media content and maintaining the content calendar going forward
- Ensure the content created resonates with our target markets and is relevant and appropriate for each medium.
- Aim to grow Massmart Wholesale’s customer base and sales through social media.
Liaising relevant stakeholders (departments, brand & stores)
- Contribute to strategy and planning meetings when appropriate
- Work with marketing teams and other departments regarding their needs on all online channels
- Ensure the correct information has been obtained from relevant departments regarding promotions or campaigns that are relevant to that department
- Ability to work independently and build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Lead campaign discussions with brand, merchant and vendors
- Working with their team to ensure we are reporting on social media of the brand initiatives to marketing teams or relevant departments for continuous improvement and development of future strategies.
- Ensure the team delivers timeous reports on positive and negative sentiments and monitor such levels.
- Report on potential brand attacks.
- Prepare regular summary reporting for senior management
- As Assist with other digital marketing tasks and special projects that may arise.
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications & Experience required for this position
- Matric/Grade 12
- Confident in scheduling tools, Google Analytics and Facebook business manager
- Ability to plan and manage channel and or campaign budgets
- Experience in agile, fast-paced, ïtrading-led’ environment
- Marketing / Communications qualification 3year degree or diploma
- Tertiary education in marketing/related field.
- 5 8 years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
Competencies & Skills
- English, ability to read, communicate and understand.
- Knowledge of organizational procedures and policies
- Knowledge of utilization of social media channels or platforms.
- Social media monitoring and engagement tools.
- Understanding of social media advertising principles
- An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The position requires trust and honesty and that entails the handling of cash and/or finances, which includes but is not limited to, the handling, administering, processing and distribution of the Company’s monetary resources such as its stock in trade or merchandise
- MS Office
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online