CSG International’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Solution Business Owner jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : August 15, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
The Solution Business Owner serves as the conduit between CSG’s implementation team(s) and the customers’ business stakeholders over the course of a program, understanding the full end to end solution requirements. In addition, you will ensure a common understanding of the business objectives of the organisation and the customer, while working closely with the Solution Architect to ensure the solution architecture is compatible with the business needs. As a senior consultant working closely with customers, you will be expected to develop a deep understanding of the customer’s business problems and define ways in which CSG can help solve those problems using CSG products, services and complementary 3rd parties.
- Assumes overall responsibility for defining a solution that matches client’s business needs, having specific ownership on the end to end functional and solution requirements aspect of the CSG solution component(s), which may include 3rd party elements.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the end to end business process architecture, integration points to upstream and downstream systems, safeguarding a holistic view across the enterprise applications and processes
- Supporting the customer in their readiness and preparation for scoping and definition workshops to ensure an efficient agenda and that key stakeholders are defined and present
- Engaging with the customer to understand their business needs, and gather, analyse and document business requirements, using best practice tools and processes, including the value of what is being delivered.
- Obtaining sign off of the business requirements from the customer, including playback and feedback with the customer, and subsequent approval.
- Guides the program team by sharing the solution requirements to the relevant Solution Component groups so that they understand their area(s) of focus.
- Works closely with the Release Train Engineer/Project Manager to ensure the program is proceeding as effectively as possible
- Works closely with the Product Owners to ensure a common understanding of the business objectives of the organisation and the customer
- Works closely with the Solution Architect to ensure the solution architecture is compatible with the business needs
- Works closely with the Test Manager to review end-to-end test scenarios, ensuring sufficient test coverage is achieved across the solution
- Provides objective input to inspect and adapt workshops, release retrospectives, with respect to business value and potential trade off that may be necessary to maximise value to the customer
- Reviews the customer test plans for CSG solutions as required.
- Closely manages the scope of the solution, and identifies and documents change requests.
- Responsible for delivering feedback to the CSG business including feedback to Technology & Product teams to ensure that future releases of the products meet the ongoing needs of the client/business; as well as feedback to Delivery Excellence & Best Practices teams on areas for continuous improvement.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to other Business Consultants, including performance management, and competency development.
- May also fulfill the role of Product Owner, responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the team backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team. The PO is responsible for maximizing the value produced by the team, and ensuring stories meet the user’s needs and expectations.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (Electrical Software, Telecommunications) or Business (with major in Computing) or equivalent education/experience required.
Minimum 7 years of experience as a business/software consultant in the telecommunications or other relevant industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to operate at the end to end level taking responsibility for the full E2E solution requirements.
- Cross Industry Experience: Experience in business consulting with multiple clients in telecoms (fixed and mobile), cable and media industry delivering software solutions for Business Support Systems (BSS).
- Industry Leadership: Deep Knowledge of industry trends from marketing to commercial and operations that are being adopted to drive new ways of client engagement and revenue models. Understanding of the drivers of change affecting these industries in competing for similar customer sets. Ability to work at C-Level with commercial, operational and Information Systems areas to be seen as a thought leader in driving new operating modes and solutions.
- Expert understanding of an integrated BSS solution demonstrating strong knowledge of and experience with several products within the portfolio.
- Business Consulting: Consulting with clients to draw out needs associated with company strategy and recommend solutions. Ability to challenge approaches through thought-leadership to draw out best solutions and add value in proposing alternative methods to achieving company goals. Experience of working with clients in major business transformation programmes.
- Strong experience in consultative engagements such as business health checks, business motivation modeling, TCO/ROI assessments, prospect research, customer business processes (i.e. journeys). Ability to lead and document associated workshops.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively convey and clarify complex information, delivering demonstrations and presentations, consulting with customers and influencing others.
- Highly developed facilitation skills for customer interaction.
- Solid understanding of project management and requirements management processes to ensure primary responsibilities are completed within accepted standards and templates.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Available for international and domestic travel when needed. Travel, after/off hours and extended on-site work will be required. Duration and extent of travel may vary per project.
- Accountable for professional working behaviour to include: building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
- Works independently and collaborates with peers when necessary.
- Full accountability for results of decisions.
- In-depth understanding of industry standards such as TMForum, ISEEB, ITIL in order to be prescriptive and consultative.
- Awareness of Agile Software development methodologies such as SAFe or KanBan
- Experience in writing epics and features
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online