Luno’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Transfer Pricing Specialist jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified, Cape Town
Deadline : September 01, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
The role in a nutshell:
In this role, you’ll be providing support to the Transfer Pricing and International Tax Manager, to ensure that Luno meets its transfer pricing obligations. The role is based in Luno’s Tax team that forms part of Luno’s broader Finance team.
Your mission will be:
- Perform intercompany recharge calculations to ensure the transfer pricing policy is accurately and consistently applied across the group and that supporting documentation is in place.
- Work with external advisors to ensure that all transfer pricing returns required by legislation are timeously submitted and accurately reflect the group’s transfer pricing policies and charges.
- Update the transfer pricing documentation (e.g. local files).
- Work with the wider Luno team to ensure intercompany agreements are in place and updated to support intercompany transactions.
- Work with the Luno Finance team to provide support on transfer pricing matters to external auditors and ensure that related party transactions are accurately and completely disclosed in the annual financial statements.
- Assist with responses to revenue authority transfer pricing queries and audits.
- Monitor intercompany loan transactions and balances and ensure that exchange control implications are considered and supporting documentation is in place.
- Monitor and work with the wider Luno team to identify changes to the business, analyse the impact of these changes on transfer pricing policies and compliance and implement required changes.
- Monitor global transfer pricing and international tax developments, analyse the potential impacts on the group and implement required changes.
- Assist with international tax compliance and matters, including:
- withholding tax compliance in respect of related cross border charges, relief provided by double tax agreements.
- support the Tax team to respond to revenue authority queries and audits.
- assist with ad hoc tax related projects or tax compliance, e.g. tax considerations for launching into a new country, any product changes required due to tax legislation, e.g. digital taxes, proposed investments.
A little about you:
- Finance professional certification (CA (SA), SAIT, CIMA, SAIPA)
- Minimum of 2 years transfer pricing and international tax experience in a multinational company or in consulting.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Practical, problem solving mindset.
- The ability to build strong, mutually respectful relationships with diverse teams, and to deal with multiple different teams, countries and issues on any given day.
- Postgraduate qualification in Taxation
- Transfer pricing and international tax experience in South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria, Australia and Singapore.
- An interest in and enthusiasm for crypto.
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online