Sandvik’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Buyer jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : September 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
To procure goods and services for the sales area, in accordance with Sandvik policies and procedures and in line with targets set in terms of on time delivery, pricing and quality. To perform the aforementioned in line with Sandvik category strategies and contribute to the formulation of global procurement strategies from a sales area perspective.
Key Performance Areas
- Source quotations for the procurement of goods and services in accordance with the procurement policy.
- Confirm suppliers are BBBEE compliant and analyse quality and pricing of services / goods.
- Coordinate the approval of the quotation by the Divisional Head.
- Create purchase order and submit to supplier for processing and advise the requestor.
- Confirm the delivery date with the supplier and advise the requestor.
- Submit procurement documentation to Finance for processing.
- Conduct follow ups to ensure goods and services have been received; liaise with the supplier on any late or non-deliveries.
- Expedite purchase orders to ensure all purchase orders are closed by month end.
- Understand and analyse the existing supply market in the category and the positioning in the market.
- Determine the purchasing plan for a specific procurement requirement i.e. complexity, spend and risk factors, in conjunction with global category management.
- Initiate requests for proposals (RFP) with the requestor for review by the Senior Buyer.
- Coordinate the submission of the list of suppliers and relevant tender information for the tender platform.
- Liaise with the service providers to advertise tenders open on the tender platform.
- Coordinate tender evaluations by setting up dates and scheduling with the relevant stakeholders.
- Implement the final decision on the selection of the supplier, in accordance with the procurement policy, and mobilise the supplier onto site or link supplier. Send communication to the tenderers i.e. award letter to the winning tenderer and reject letters for the unawarded tenderers.
- Conduct negotiations on pricing during supplier contracts drafting.
- Coordinate the drafting of the supplier contract using the standard templates for contracts, and submit for review by Manager or Senior Buyer.
- Monitor the success of supplier contracts and report on savings and supplier performance.
- Manage 3rd party service provider to ensure supplier is successfully onboarded, within a given time frame.
- Ensure that all the relevant documentation has been submitted to the service provider and that the relevant contracts are signed.
- Request for BBBEE certifications from suppliers.
- Provide advice to suppliers on BBBEE certification requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of quotes received.
- Declare any interests in service provider, in accordance with the procurement policy.
- Analyse data
- Provide feedback to stakeholders
- National Diploma (NQF Level 5) in Supply Chain Management / Purchasing
- 3 years’ experience in procurement
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Relevant experience from Category driven Purchasing, Supply, Production, Sales and/or Finance
- Sound business knowledge regarding direct sourcing for parts
- Exposure to environment with sensitive/confidential information.
- Business etiquette on at a management level.
- Understanding of procurement processes.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of internal controls.
- Excellent drafting and writing capability.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Demonstrated administration skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commitment to service and quality standards.
- Detail oriented and pro-active; and
- Logical and methodical.
- Analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent reporting writing
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online