Anglo American’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Principal Emergency & Trauma jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified, Johannesburg
Deadline : September 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
We are seeking a Principal Emergency and Trauma to provide technical leadership across the Group to enhance emergency readiness and care and treatment for workplace injuries.
This role will be based out of Anglo American’s corporate offices in London or Johannesburg. Hybrid working arrangements are available. The role will require international travel.
- Define and implement critical and mandatory occupational hygiene policies, standards, and programmes to protect worker health which are aligned to regulatory requirements and support the management of key occupational hygiene risks for the Group.
- Develop a Group-wide comprehensive emergency trauma risk and opportunity management framework, enabling sites to understand operational occupational hygiene management status with deviations from established benchmarks and KPI’s identified and action plans implemented.
- Perform assurance processes, aligned to the three-line model, to ensure the policies and standards are appropriately applied, and specifically leading the 2nd line of assurance within T&S.
- Drive workplace injury response excellence, ensuring accurate reporting and analysis of status, trends, incidents, practices and developments, and prioritising critical focus areas for intervention.
- Define the required emergency trauma management capabilities organisational blueprint and role standards and support the service strategy for occupational hygiene at a site level.
- Combine the internal and external trends and developments, propose innovative workplace injury responses including working with relevant operational functions to develop and support the site implementation of advanced technology, techniques and practices.
- Provide direct Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to Anglo American sites, Business Units, T&S disciplines and projects regarding workplace injury responses.
- Work seamlessly with HR and the Community health team to ensure Occupational Hygiene and best practices interface with the Mental Health programmes and Community health programmes as relevant.
- Develop an innovative quality workplace injury and clinic execution framework that incorporates the integration of internal safety data, emergency response and hospital care.
- Set culture to embrace feedback and empower teams to challenge the status quo and constantly strive for improvements
- Build and maintain strategic relationships and partnering with external providers, suppliers and regulators to ensure the seamless delivery of objectives
- Drive the continuous development and refinement of deep specialist risk management capability across the organisation ensuring that team and personal practical application of risk management is critically evaluated and enhanced
- Apply assessment of emergency trauma teams and providers to ensure they have the required capability and are optimally integrated with the business.
- Tertiary qualification covering Emergency and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Experienced in emergency and trauma response management within mining or heavy industrial and Corporate office environments.
- Experienced across medical and study techniques, specifically relating to workplace injury rehabilitation.
- Experience in translating strategies into practical actions to reduce occupational injury impacts.
- Experienced evaluating emergency and trauma medical research, scenarios and models, including understanding and application of injury epidemiology, biostatistics and data models
- Able to apply emergency response and rehabilitation management concepts to decision-making.
- Strong understanding across interpretation of benchmarks, identification of performance gaps and development of targeted, effective plans to achieve measurable improvements for the discipline
- Strong knowledge of risk prevention, management techniques and critical controls
- Real understanding of compliance standards (safety, health, environment, regulatory & financial) applicable to the role.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online