Africorp Specialised Recruitment’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior Tax Consultant in Johannesburg jobs in Gauteng
Job Location : Gauteng, Johannesburg
Deadline : August 14, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
We are seeking a Senior Tax Consultant with demonstrated integrity and exceptional work ethic, moreover with experience in expatriate tax to join our Expert Team. This exciting opportunity is for a candidate who is comfortable under pressure, dynamic in their thinking and ready to take on new challenges. This opportunity is one of growth, the extent of which is dependent on the candidate and their capability to push themselves in our thriving business and ever-changing field.
Responsibilities will include the following.
- Attending to client-specific matters which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Calculating tax liability, ensuring compliance is completed speedily and efficiently, and submitting tax returns and associated documents by the appropriate deadlines.
- Performing and submission of annual tax calculations and returns on behalf of clients.
- Performing and submission of provisional tax calculations and returns on behalf of clients.
- Adopting the company’s ñ4-eye always approachî at all times.
- At all times ensuring the client’s expectations are managed, this includes keeping in the relevant turnaround timeframe.
- Submission of RST01’s and RST02’s directives and objections.
- Submission of paragraph 19(3) applications as and when the need arises (discretion discussed with Legal).
- Deal with SARS on behalf of the clients.
- Performing exit tax (Deemed Capital Gains) calculations on behalf of migrating clients.
- Assisting clients with their tax planning.
- Assisting clients with SARS verification or audits.
- Assisting clients with SARS objections and appeals of audit outcomes.
- Assisting clients with applications for penalty waivers.
- Assisting clients with the lodging of SARS Complaints.
- Assisting clients with their refunds and payments to SARS.
- Assisting clients to achieve SARS compliance with regard to their tax status.
- Handling of SARS notifications, client liaison and managing client expectations.
- E-filing checks: Conduct audits on e-filing with regards to: Clients’ SARS compliance, outstanding returns, clients selected for verification, liabilities due to SARS and if clients are provisional taxpayers.
- Tracking checks: Conduct audits on the TRS tracking sheets for the following: Ensuring client’s turnaround and expectations are met and managed. In line with company policies.
- Branch Visits/SARS appointments to update and verify SARS registered details.
- Keep up to date with changing tax laws and explain complicated legislation and its implications to their clients, in simple terms.
- Communicating with clients to explain tax issues.
- Any other ancillary duties assigned by senior management.
- An up-to-date CV;
- A cover letter speaking to your professionalism and why you are best suited for the position sought;
- A recent profile picture.
How to Apply for this Offer
CV’s should be addressed to Marique Morkel at: email@example.com