NOV’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer jobs in Eastern Cape
Job Location : Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Deadline : August 08, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
As an Electrical Engineer you will perform a variety of electrical engineering tasks designing, planning, and overseeing the design and development of electrical components, systems and Control Systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, develop, and design Electrical and electronic interface circuitry for control of products.
- Work with customers (internal/external) and review project defining documents to understand project requirements.
- Create and/or design electrical drawings and documentation. (Typical; block diagram, termination diagram, electrical schematic, interconnect, cabling, and assembly drawings and BOMs.)
- Ensure electrical scope and content is defined during initial design processes.
- Provide electrical leadership in preparation, and ensure that deliverables projects are controlled with regard to scope, schedule, budget, performing appraisal, etc.
- Establish design criteria for deliverables using required codes and standards.
- Review contractual content to ensure technical and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure subsequent design changes are documented and transmitted as required to internal and external resources.
- Participate in design review.
- Provide manufacturing with technical assistance.
- Provide technical support during testing.
- Review and approve engineering documentation provided by external groups.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Educations & Experience Qualifications
- Advanced Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferred 5+ years of experience designing control systems.
- Ability to work through technical hurdles in a constructive manner.
- Lifelong learner with desire to share knowledge with others.
- Ability to work as part of a global team while located in Port Elizabeth.
- Pro-active mentality when encountering any challenges or issues.
- Positive motivated, and hardworking individual with a desire to succeed.
- Knowledge of hazardous area standards including, but not limited to, ATEX, IECEx, and NEC.
- Experience with design and engineering of Ex equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of ABS, DNVGL, and API standards
- CompEx training or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience from using AutoCAD design tool will be an advantage
Closing Date: 22nd, July 2022
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online